HOW CAN YOU INTRODUCE ‘REUSE AND RECYCLE’ PHILOSOPHY INTO YOUR LIFE
Taking care of ecology is really important nowadays.
400 million tonnes of rubbish are collected in the UK every year. And only 44% of that rubbish is recycled. That means the other 56% go into rubbish dumps, stay lying somewhere, collecting dust or are moved to other countries.
Rubbish impacts our health and environment: bacteria and insects thrive from the garbage, the toxic substances come to the air cause various diseases and waste also contaminates water and soil, causing many fish and animals to die of unnatural causes.
To sum up, the situation is bad and we need to act quickly.
There are reasons beyond our power, like factory pollution, but we can start with little steps like reusing and recycling.
These are the 5 R’s of zero waste management:
REFUSE what you don’t need,
REDUCE what you use,
REUSE what you already have,
RECYCLE what you can,
ROT, let the rest rot.
In an ideal world, these rules would be performed to their full efficiency. Although we understand that not everybody is the position to allow things to rot.
But we still believe that these rules can be applied to your life.
In the future, we will talk in more detail about how to use these rules to their full advantage, but today let’s start with the basics
It’s not only more environmentally friendly to repair clothing then it is to buy something new, it also makes sense from a personal standpoint. If your favourite pair of jeans have a rip, you could buy a new pair, but you could also make a new pair of shorts, or a fashionable new bag, your options are endless – it’s only a google search away!
Tell your friends about the 5 R’s, comment and share this post with your friends!